BIMForum is a two-day, multiple-track conference for A/E/C/O professionals, focused on harnessing BIM and other innovative technology and processes to address current and emerging issues in the industry, offering networking, hands-on learning, and engagement opportunities to help break down traditional barriers and inspire collaboration and improved industry performance. BIMForum has once again partnered with USIBD to bring together a wide array of industry practitioners into a multi-day, track-focused conference that aims to bridge the gaps between all project stakeholders.
Conference Dates: September 16-18, 2019
Conference Location: Hyatt Regency at the St. Louis Arch | St. Louis, MO
Conference Theme: “Show Me!”
The conference theme aims to center itself around the home state of Missouri’s own slogan (The Show Me State) which speaks to “opening up the hood” and digging deep into the actual process, methodologies and deliverables that attendees really want to see as tangible examples to bring back to their respective organizations.
Three Primary Tracks and a Specialty Track will organize the conversations around distinct areas of interest:
- “Show Me” the Process (Workflow & Case Studies)
- “Show Me” the Strategy (Strategy, EQ & Human Side)
- “Show Me” the Technology (Emerging Tech & Best Practices)
- “Show Me” the Envelope (Advancing Structural Enclosure)
Conference attendees will hear from industry practitioners on how the building community is driving quantitative and qualitative outcomes through the development of model-centric workflows that address the entire design-build-operate continuum. Various presentations will also speak to the current cultural shifts within the industry and revisit the “human side of BIM” from past BIMForums, to drive a better understanding of business strategy refinement needed from traditional workflows and business practices to push our industry forward with collaborative project delivery strategies in mind.
- Model-centric workflows, model reliability, less reliance on drawings
- The scalability of a BIM to address project delivery models beyond Design-Bid-Build
- Legal challenges of BIM
- Advances in BIM contract language
- Implementation of BIM Execution Plans
- Standards for the use of BIM and data throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Owners leveraging LOD to define deliverables
- Best practices for laser scanning and reality capture in building documentation
- Peer-reviewed research specifically addressing results of BIM use and/or the BIMForum LOD Specification
- Value in leveraging IFC and open standards
- $850 – Non-Member Rate
- $950 – Non-Member Rate
Take BIM & Lean Education Courses
BIM & Lean Education Courses will be available following BIMForum. When registering for courses, please note the times to avoid signing up for multiple classes occurring simultaneously. Since the BIM Education program classes are 8 hours each, only two classes can be taken during the training days. Lean Units 1-2 are four hours each so an individual can sign up for both.